The City Council formulates policy, approves programs, appropriates funds and establishes local taxes and assessments. The decisions of the City Council are reached by a majority vote. The City Council enacts local laws (ordinances) and regulations for governing of the City. The local ordinances adopted by the City Council are compiled in the Municipal Code. Other City Council directives and policies are recorded in resolutions or minutes.
City Council Priorities for 2022-2023:
- Disaster Preparedness
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Capital Improvements
- Infrastructure Improvements
- City Beautification
- District 4 - Mayor Bruce Lathrop
- District 3 - Mayor Pro Tem Richard G. Barakat
- District 1 - Councilmember Richard T. Hale, Jr.
- District 2 - Councilmember D. Montgomery Lewis
- District 5 - Councilmember Elizabeth Bruny